Re: [O] :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: in new exporter possible?

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] :EXPORT_FILE_NAME: in new exporter possible?
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 16:09:23 +0100

Am 25.03.2013 15:57, schrieb Bastien:
I'm not entirely sure what Gnus does to trigger that foray into Org
(a quick glance in the documentation didn't show anything), but if
anything this indicates that we might need a "safe mode" for Org to
open untrusted files.

Feel free to propose a better behavior here.

As I said, I don't even know why Gnus decides it should treat this mail as an Org file. From the sources of Gnus, it appears that it should only do this if the MIME type was text/x-org. Rainers mail didn't have this MIME type nor was it a multipart MIME mail that had such a part, yet Gnus triggered the buffer with "Org" as the major mode, which seems to indicate that the MIME type must somehow have been inferred. I can prevent that using orgstruct-mode instead, but as I proposed already there should be a "safe" variant of org-mode (a derived mode perhaps) that doesn't load any axtra files and doesn't run any source blocks. Of course, Gnus then should use this mode (it is only meant for proper fontification anyway, which I suppose must be possible without firing a whole major mode).

Regards,
--
Achim.

(on the road :-)