Re: [O] Setting taskjuggler project start date (ox-taskjuggler)

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Setting taskjuggler project start date (ox-taskjuggler)
Date: Mon, 25 Mar 2013 17:14:20 -0500

On Mon, Mar 25, 2013 at 3:15 PM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I think I've narrowed this down to two things:
>> 1) org-taskjuggler-get-start (and probably *-get-end) is not working properly
>> 2) project applicable keywords stored in property drawer should be
>> being parsed, but they're not
>>

>> That's about all I'm good for with my current elisp knowledge!
>
> Did you try to set a schedule for the task at the root of the project
> (with C-c C-s)?
>
> `org-taskjuggler-get-start' expects a SCHEDULED: <...> line below the
> headline.

No. Unfortunately, though obvious now, it evaded me that =scheduled=
needed an orgmode time stamp.

If you have =org-taskjuggler-keep-project-as-task=, it will take the
:start: property and use this in the project-as-top-level-task output.
Could this be used after =scheduled= and before defaulting to today's
date? This would seem to unify the syntax.

It strikes me as reasonable to take 1) scheduled, 2) :start: in
property drawer and 3) default to today's date (in that order).

What do you think?

I didn't see this mentioned at the tutorial:
- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-taskjuggler.html

I'm writing an updated version for tj3, so I'll include this.

Thanks!
John