Re: [O] [patch] LaTeX export using tabu tables

From: Eric Abrahamsen
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] LaTeX export using tabu tables
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 09:59:49 +0800

Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> writes:

> Dnia 2013-03-25, o godz. 13:35:08
> Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> napisaƂ(a):
>
>> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>> > Thanks for your patch. I didn't know about "tabu" package, but it
>> > looks interesting.
>>
>> It's definitely my new go-to table environment, though I'm struggling
>> to ignore the fact that it's got the ugliest documentation of any
>> LaTeX package I've ever seen.
>
> Slightly off-topic: I've looked (briefly) into tabu's documentation,
> and I agree;).  If you want your tables /beautiful/, however, I strongly
> recommend checking out the booktabs package (its manual contains also
> general aesthetical/typographical advice on tables!).

Isn't it ghastly? Works great though. I'm definitely using booktabs and
enjoying it. That's the nice thing about tabu, it does a good job of
using extend existing table packages (longtable, colortab, etc) rather
than rolling its own. I'm particularly pleased with the siunitx
integration -- it means I can get rid of a table filter that added
\num{NN} all over the place.