[O] Zip utility on Windows for ODT exporter

From: John Hendy
Subject: [O] Zip utility on Windows for ODT exporter
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 2013 07:11:16 -0500

Just tried doing my first ODT export while booted into Windows and
don't have the zip utility that Org is looking for. From searching,
this thread suggests Info-zip:
- http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/43994

But it's not clear to me what was installed there. If you check out
the sourceforge repo, there's WiZ and a Zip 3.x (latest) which seem to
be the most promising candidates:
- http://sourceforge.net/projects/infozip/files/

I downloaded both. WiZ gives me a WiZ.exe file, but I'm not sure if
that's what worked for Sebastian in the thread (rename zip.exe and add
to path? Or did he compile the Zip 3.x stuff -- there's no executables
in that download from what I saw).

Trying to run WiZ.exe --help opens a GUI, so I'm not sure this is the
command line utility that Org is looking for...

Anyone else been through the setup process? I don't use Cygwin, nor do
I want to set it up. I use Windows only when absolutely necessary, so
minimal time investment for setup is my goal.

Thanks for any suggestions!
John