Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for Google Reader

From: Jude DaShiell
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode as a replacement for Google Reader
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 06:03:18 -0400 (EDT)

I did also try rss2email r2e and that needs its config.py file put in
the ~/.rss2email/ directory and users will need to edit that config.py
file to set things correct for local installations.  It does work once
this gets done.

On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Carmine Casciato wrote:

> Jude DaShiell <address@hidden> writes:
>
> > newsticker has been part of emacs since 22.x and it's supposed to be
> > able to read rss feeds and display them.  Now, how to get from what's in
> > info newsticker to actually adding a real feed and have newsticker work
> > is another matter entirely.  I'm reading what's in info newsticker and
> > don't yet fully understand where to store the feed and specifically what
> > commands need be used to add feeds and delete feeds from a feeds list
> > yet.
> >
> > On Wed, 27 Mar 2013, Samuel Loury wrote:
> >

> I tried it a few days ago, and it worked right of the box. It even
> includes a few feeds you can start with. The customize-group for
> newsticker was all I needed.
>
> The problem was when I tried to import the hundred-blog opml file, which
> it did fine. However, due to the threaded nature of emacs, it froze
> emacs for a long time as it went and called each blog. Perhaps async.el
> can help here. In any case, it made emacs quite unusable. Shame, cuz
> it's a nice setup for rss reading.

jude <address@hidden>
Microsoft, windows is accessible. why do blind people need screen readers?