Re: [O] :session question

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] :session question
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 08:22:18 -0500

On Wed, Mar 27, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Andreas Leha <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>>
>> Is that just not working for me?  And any ideas, what I could do about
>> it?
>>

> I have no good ideas.  Is the `org-babel-default-header-args:R' variable
> defined on your system before you load this file?  If not, maybe you
> should be sure to add
>
>   (require 'ob-R)
>
> to your emacs initialization.  If the ":" in the variable name is
> somehow confusing your Emacs, then possibly you could use the alternate
> format of specifying file local variables (see the info link in my
> attached example).

By "alternate" do you mean:

# Local Variables:
# stuff
# End:

vs.

-*-stuff-*-

?

If so, this isn't working for me either (I get "malformed modeline"):

-*- org-babel-default-header-args:R: ((:session . "foo")) -*-

I read through the *info* on local file variables and both of the
above seem like they should be correct. Wouldn't it be the colon?
Emacs is looking for VAR:VALUE. Here's from files.el, which contains
the function =hack-local-variables=. While not an elisper, this looks
like it wouldn't figure out two colons:

                  (while (and (not (eobp))
                              (or (not mode-only)
                                  (not result)))
                    ;; Find the variable name; strip whitespace.
                    (skip-chars-forward " \t")
                    (setq beg (point))
                    (skip-chars-forward "^:\n")
                    (if (eolp) (error "Missing colon in local variables entry"))
                    (skip-chars-backward " \t")

Isn't this sort of saying, "split up the var:value pair by starting at
line beginning, going to the first =:=, and then looking for a
newline? If so, I'd take the execution as trying to set:

=org-babel-default-header-args= to a value of =R: ((:session . "foo"))=

John