Re: [O] BUG: ELPA package

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: ELPA package
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2013 23:06:35 +0100

Hi Will,

address@hidden (W. Greenhouse)
writes:

> When upgrading from one GNU ELPA package to the next (in my case, from
> ELPA version org-20130318 to org-20130325), `load-path' is not refreshed
> by installing the new package, which means that `org-reload' does not
> work without manually fixing `load-path' and evaluating (load
> "org").

Yes -- this is known limitation of the package installation mechanism.

Here are the ELPA installation instructions in the manual:

  Recent Emacs distributions include a packaging system which
  lets you install Elisp libraries.  You can install Org with
  M-x package-install RET org.  You need to do this in a session
  where no .org file has been visited.

The last sentence is the one important here.

HTH,

--
 Bastien