Re: [O] Fwd: run python from org, draft

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: run python from org, draft
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:47:25 +0100

Hi Gary,

> Am 29.03.2013 13:11, schrieb Gary Oberbrunner:

Does this assume org-babel-python-mode is set to 'python-mode?  The default
is 'python, I believe.  I don't think you should unconditionally
call py-send-string-return-output like that.

Also, why would you avoid calling org-babel-python-evaluate?  Where in your
patch would it account for the setting of session, result-type or
result-params?

with current

GNU Emacs 24.3.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.14) of 2013-03-05

Org-mode version 7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef @
MY_PATH/emacs-24.3/lisp/org/)

python from org-source seems completely broken.

For example:

#+BEGIN_SRC python
1+2
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: None

While the patched ob-python.el at least gives a result.
As attached png shows, a py-shell buffer is visible, which should not.
And some more back-sides. So far following your arguments.

Just wanted to look for the spot where to fix it.
Maybe not the right one yet, just a study.

So let's go on until a convenient solution is found,

Andreas

On Thu, Mar 28, 2013 at 5:55 PM, Andreas Röhler <