Re: [O] Fwd: run python from org, draft

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: run python from org, draft
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 20:06:59 +0100

Am 29.03.2013 17:47, schrieb Eric Schulte:
As we've proven a couple of times now, Python session are broken with
the newest version of Emacs (since the upstream change to an entirely
new python.el implementation).

I've just pushed up a fix to ob-python.el so that sessions should now
work with the latest version of Emacs.  I hope this clears up some of
the miss-understandings surrounding ob-python.

Here is a quick example usage.

Hi Eric,

you are heading into the wrong direction, while babel as such certainly is of
great interest.

Recent  ob-python.el commit tells about fixing the buffer name,
"change the default python buffer name"
How ob-python.el knows about a python buffer name at all?

Python buffer names are at the choice of users, for example via defcustom...
And so on. ob-python.el needs a re-thinking from the bottom, otherwise it
remains buggy,
only working from case to case.

Andreas