Re: [O] Fwd: run python from org, draft

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Fwd: run python from org, draft
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 14:25:56 -0600

Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 11:09 AM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden>wrote:
>

>> Because of quirks of the python language, when executing outside of a
>> session, it is necessary to explicitly specify a return.
>>
>> This is clearly stated in the Python documentation on Worg.
>> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/languages/ob-doc-python.html
>

> ... which I just wrote!  Glad it's already useful! :-)

Ah, that's great.  Thanks!

> I think in any case you will need my recent patch if you want to use
> session mode.
>
> If testing is holding up application of my patch, I can test it on Linux
> and Mac.

Hi Gary,

I just looked at your patch (sorry I missed it earlier).  My recent
changes do many of the same things (namely let-binding
`python-shell-buffer-name').

Everything is working currently (at least on Linux).  From reading your
post it sounds like "-i" must be added to the python command on windows.
I just pushed up that added functionality, can you let me know if
anything else needs to be done to get this working on windows?

Thanks,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte