Re: [O] LaTeX export figure width, when figure comes from python?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] LaTeX export figure width, when figure comes from python?
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 15:53:53 -0500

On Fri, Mar 29, 2013 at 3:16 PM, Gary Oberbrunner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Now that python mode is working nicely, I'm generating lots of graphics.
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC python :session MYpython :exports results :results file
>   #... bunch of matplotlib stuff that produces /tmp/myfig.pdf
>   '/tmp/myfig.pdf'
> #+END_SRC
>
> This works, and the LaTeX exporter includes /tmp/mfig.pdf:
>
> \includegraphics[width=.9\linewidth]{c:/tmp/myfig.pdf}
>
> My question is, is there any way to remove the width specifier?  If the
> figure were coming straight from org-mode source text, I could use
> #+ATTR_LaTeX (well actually maybe not, because there's no way to *remove*
> the width, but at least I could set it as desired.)  But in the situation
> above, where the filename is coming from the exporter running the code
> block, there's no place for me to put the ATTR_LaTeX that works.
>
> Any ideas, exporter gurus?

Does this post help at all?
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2012-08/msg01225.html

This would be if your compilation of that block is spitting out a
#+results block. Is that the case?

Also, per a recent use of that same concept, I got updated advice to
use :wrap since the above wasn't working for me anymore:
- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2013-03/msg01599.html

So, basically if you're generating plots, you can just print the
Org-mode include file syntax ([[filename.ext]]) into a results block
and should also be able to pass it the #+attr_latex stuff as well.
Something like:

print("#+attr_latex: :width Xcm \n
[[filename.ext]]")

Would that work?