Re: [O] New exporter and dates in tables

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] New exporter and dates in tables
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 17:49:03 +0200

Hello,

> Thinking more about it, I think I need to make some more exceptions
> anyway. For example timestamps in clock lines and in planning info
> shouldn't react to `org-export-with-timestamps' (it would be silly to
> have `org-export-with-planning' set to t and still see nothing because
> `org-export-with-timestamps' is nil).

Indeed :)

Thinking again about Bernt's use-case and Carsten's feedback,
I suggest making rules for planning instead of exceptions for
time-stamps.

- planning information is
  - SCHEDULED: <time-stamp>
  - DEADLINE: <time-stamp>
  - CLOSED: <time-stamp>
  - one or more time-stamps (active or inactive) alone on a line

- a non-planning time-stamp is any time-stamp that does not fall
  into the categories above, i.e. if it is inlined in an element
  (usually a paragraph or a table).

The inactive/active time-stamp in a table is handled.

And so is another corner case that we did not discussed yet:
people using active time-stamps right below a headline, with
the expectation that this time-stamp will bring the entry up
in the agenda -- such time-stamp is now considered a time-stamp
while it is really some planning info.

I guess this is cleaner than creating exceptions.

What about it?

--
 Bastien