Re: [O] Tracking flexitime

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Tracking flexitime
Date: Fri, 26 Apr 2013 19:59:02 -0400

Thomas Koch <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm searching for best practices to track flexi time with orgmode. I've a
> work
> contract of 8 hours per day in average. So I'd like to start a clock when I
> arrive at work, pause it for lunch and stop it when I leave.
>
> I wouldn't like to rely only on the sum of the time spent on tasks since
> there
> is always work time that can hardly be assigned to a specific task.

Hi Thomas,

I clock my 7.5 hour work day every day.  When I arrive at work I punch
in with f9-I which starts the clock on my default * Organization task
then I pick something from the agenda, clock it in and work.

In my setup clocking out moves the clock up one level in the tree or
back to the * Organization task.  This keeps time on projects and works
great for me.

I clock out at lunch (f9-O), clock back in after lunch (f9-I) and clock
out at the end of the day when my daily clock report on the agenda hits
7.5 hours.  I don't get paid for unauthorised overtime and I don't work
for free :)

I clock every minute of every day that I work minus lunch.  If personal
tasks interrupt work I clock those in with a new capture task and remove
these from my daily work report (C-u R in the agenda will show a clock
report using the current tag filter on the agenda).

All the gory details for my setup are here:
http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

Regards,
Bernt