Re: [O] :session question

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] :session question
Date: Wed, 01 May 2013 19:36:52 +0200

Eric Schulte writes:
>> #+PROPERTY: header-args:R :session "*R*" :exports none
>
> I hate to change syntax, but the syntax you mention above does look both
> appealing and natural.  Even with working file local variables [1].

OK, so let's settle for this.

>> I've checked that the property interface returns the data as expected,
>> but I haven't implemented anything yet.  It does not seem to be an
>> overly difficult endeavour, however.
>>

> That is very good news.  With that portion working I would agree that
> this should be a fairly straightforward task.
[…]
> I think these are great ideas.  Personally I'd love to see them
> implemented.  Unfortunately I don't have time to work on an
> implementation currently.

I'll try to get something working.  Not immediately, but I'll see when I
can shoe it in.

> I'm surprised that none of the users who motivated this discussion
> have chimed in.  Their opinions may be more valuable than my own in
> this regard (as I'm not a heavy #+Property user).

Well, feedback from users would of course be welcome, but I don't expect
anything really until there's some working code to show.

> Thanks for the clean and initially tested implementation idea!

Thanks for your comments.

> [1]  Thanks to Bastien my patch allowing variables like
>      `org-babel-default-header-args:R' to be set file-local has been
>      applied to Emacs.

… but it will only be available from 24.4 onward.

Regards,
Achim.