Re: [O] [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] [Taskjuggler] Status of exporter
Date: Fri, 03 May 2013 17:19:48 +0200

Hi Eric

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> I get errors, having allocated efforts to all my tasks, that tasks do
> not fit into the project time frame. How is this time frame defined?

This is defined on the project. I think it is some kind of tj3
optimization to limit the space that it has to allocate.

> Do I need to specify something else in the org file? The project I am
> defining is several years long with tasks typically a number of months
> long each. Is there some default?

There is a default, see `org-taskjuggler-default-project-duration'. In
theory (according to the doc string of `org-taskjuggler--build-project')
you should also be able to set an "end" property on the project, but
this hasn't been implemented yet. You can set a deadline and this will
be used as an end date, but as I said before I might change this as a
DEADLINE maps more to maxend. So your best bet at the moment is to use
the default project duration.

Hope that helps
Christian
--