Re: [O] Extending ODT export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Extending ODT export
Date: Tue, 07 May 2013 12:28:03 -0400

"Julian M. Burgos" <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi Takaaki,
>
> Many thanks, but no luck.  I tried adding the complete path to soffice as you
> did below
> (of course with the right path in my machine) and no luck.  If I do it
> just like you, the export format does not change and is still ODT.  If
> instead of using (setq org-export-odt-preferred-output-format "pdf") I
> use (setq org-odt-preferred-output-format "pdf"), I get the same error
> message as before.

I tried with this setting of org-odt-preferred-output-format, and my
*Message* buffers shows:

,----
| Creating ODT file...
| Running zip -mX0 foo.odt mimetype
| Running zip -rmTq foo.odt .
| Created /home/nick/src/org/foo.odt
| Executing soffice --headless --convert-to pdf --outdir /home/nick/src/org/
/home/nick/src/org/foo.odt
| convert /home/nick/src/org/foo.odt -> /home/nick/src/org//foo.pdf using
writer_pdf_Export

| Exported to /home/nick/src/org/foo.pdf
`----

When I execute the command

  soffice --headless --convert-to pdf --outdir /home/nick/src/org/
/home/nick/src/org/foo.odt

from a shell, I get no errors. Perhaps you can try the equivalent on
your system and see if you get an error. If so, you can stop worrying
about org and start worrying about your LibreOffice installation. But
in any case, you should have more information about what goes wrong.
If you can't figure it out, you should probably post both what your
*Message* buffer shows after the failure and what the command output is.

Nick