Re: [O] Bug: Python SRC exec tuple fails [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g752

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Python SRC exec tuple fails [7.9.3f (release_7.9.3f-17-g7524ef <at> MY-PATH/)]
Date: Thu, 09 May 2013 16:45:00 +0200

Am 09.05.2013 16:33, schrieb Roland Donat:
Andreas Röhler <andreas.roehler <at> easy-emacs.de> writes:

Am 08.05.2013 22:50, schrieb Roland Donat:
Yes, you're right Andreas. It "fails" to show the accented characters
if
you
try to print the entire tuple.
It fails too if you evaluate a[0][0] in your interpreter. You should
see
:
a[0][0]
'\xc3\xa9'
But print a[0][0] gives the expected answer 'é'

So, based on your successful experience consisting in returning a[0]
[0]
in
the orgmode source block, we can assume that org-babel use the python
print
function to display results in org buffer, aren't we?

Another strange behaviour, when you evaluate the src_block test given
in
example, you get :
| \303\251 | a        |
| a        | \303\240 |

Whereas I was expecting to get the same code than in the python
interpreter,
that is :
| \xc3\xa9 | a          |
| a        | '\xc3\xa0' |

In addition, when I try to save my buffer, Emacs doesn't recognize the
encoding of characters \303\251 and \303\240 and asks me to choose an
encoding. Then, I enter utf-8 and nothing happens BUT when I quit and
reopen
my file : the characters are printed correctly.... Too strange for
me....

Cheers,

Roland.

so what about that:

a = ( ( "é", "a" ), ( "a", "à" ) )
for i, j in a:
       print i, j

BTW previous post was sent prematurely..

Andreas

Yep, using a couple of for loops will work but the result won't return
as a
table which is a requirement for me.

To precise the context a littre more, I have basically 2 source blocks :
1) the famous python block which must return a table
2) a R block used to post-process the previous table

Well, thanks for your help.
I think I spent too much time on this so I'm thinking about changing my
approach. For example, put the result of the first step into a file and
then
process the file in step 2.

Best regards,

Roland.

Just playing a little bit with your example, what about this:

#+begin_src python :results output :preamble # -*- coding: utf-8 -*-
a = ( ( "é", "a" ), ( "a", "à" ) )
for i, j in a:
      print("|%s | %s|" % (i, j))
#+end_src

Yes Andreas! It works just fine for the python block. But when the python
result arrives as input of my R post
processing code,

[ ... ]

The bug so far affected the display only, not the data.
Feeding R with the result returned from your original form should work.

Best,

Andreas