Re: [O] disable tangling for an entire section?

From: Rainer M. Krug
Subject: Re: [O] disable tangling for an entire section?
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 10:23:00 +0200

Christian Moe <address@hidden> writes:

>> I was hoping that a higher-level setting would override all tangle
>> settings under it, no matter what they might be.  This would make it
>> possible to change an entire section's tangling without fussing with
>> each code block's setting.
>
> The status quo makes more sense, I think. It allows you to easily change
> an entire section's tangling but make specific exceptions that
> override the general setting.

I agree with Christian here. But you could trick org into achieving what
you want, in specifying a tangle target in the PROPERTIES sectio, given
that you only use :tangle yes :

* headline
:PROPERTIES:
:tangle:   tmp.tmp
:END:

#+begin_src perl :tangle yes
2 + 2
#+end_src
#+begin_src perl :tangle no
3 + 3
#+end_src

In this case, the the first code block can be tangled into tmp.tmp and
the second one won't. So no harm done to your "clean" tangled file, only
the tmp.tmp, which you can discard afterwords.

Cheers,

Rainer

> Yours,
> Christian