Re: [O] org-mime

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-mime
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 15:34:49 -0600

Joseph Vidal-Rosset <address@hidden> writes:

>    Hello,
>
>    I just made a clean installation of org packages and contrib in order
>    be able to convert latex equations in gnus. But I meet the following
>    problem that I am going to describe:
>
>    Generating a png image seems to work via M-x org-preview-latex-fragment
>    \begin{equation} ((A \to B) \to A) \to A \end{equation}
>
>    But with M-x org-mime-htmlize, the png image is not loaded. Why? Your
>    help is welcome.
>
>    -

A while back Org-mode switched its method of exporting latex equations
to HTML.  Equations used to be exported as png images, however they are
now exported as markup which may then be processed on the fly by
client-side javascript.  Most mail readers do not allow javascript in
html email, and I doubt that the required javascript headers are
included in the mail html mime part.

I don't know if it is currently possible to do the javascript
pre-processing as part of the HTML export, but that would probably be
the best solution in this case.

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte