Re: [O] M-RET and C-RET turn current line of text into a heading?

From: Christian Moe
Subject: Re: [O] M-RET and C-RET turn current line of text into a heading?
Date: Wed, 15 May 2013 09:54:32 +0200

Hi,

My user input is partially to blame for this, I think. See toward the
end of this thread:

http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/69794

I was under the impression that the behavior of M-RET had changed, but I
may have given a wrong or incomplete description of the "old behavior" I
seemed to remember and wanted back. I agree that the current behavior
does not seem ideal either.

Here's some more misguided user input: Wouldn't it be intuitive if M-RET
at the beginning of a line turned that line into a heading (as it
currently does), but M-RET at the end of a line inserted a new heading
below (would require a change from the current workings)? Not sure about
M-RET somewhere in the middle of a line.

Yours,
Christian