Re: [O] M-RET and C-RET turn current line of text into a he ading?

From: Rick Frankel
Subject: Re: [O] M-RET and C-RET turn current line of text into a he ading?
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 09:48:17 -0400

On 2013-05-15 23:17, Eric Abrahamsen wrote:
Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:
Also, C-RET and M-RET currently seem to be identical?

I still think it's pretty important to have an option for creating a new
headline *below* all the contents of the current subtree -- what C-RET
used to do.

Also, the above provides a whole lot of options for creating a new
headline/item above the current line -- is that really such a common
thing to do?

Agreed. Personally, i rarely need to insert headlines/items above the
current line. Actually, the thing I find myself wanting a key for is
inserting a child headline between a headline and it's body text -- I
often find myself wanting to break up a section into new sub-sections.

e.g, turning

#+BEGIN_SRC org
* Headline
        para 1