Re: [O] using gnuplot's "splot" and "every" commands on org-mode table d

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] using gnuplot's "splot" and "every" commands on org-mode table data
Date: Fri, 17 May 2013 09:00:17 -0600

> I would consider this breaking the plot, in that gnuplot no longer lines
> up the two columns of data.

My fault, gnuplot does indeed still line up the data as appropriate when
missing values are simply replaced with blank space rather than "".

I've just pushed up changes to gnuplot code blocks which add a :missing
header argument which may be used to specify a missing value, and which
replace missing values with blank space (rather than "") when the
missing header argument is not supplied.

The attached org-mode file demonstrates both.  Press C-c C-v v on each
code block, and then open up the data file to see the effects of the
header argument.

#+Property: :results silent

#+name: data
| 1 | 2 |
| 2 |   |
| 3 | 4 |
| 4 | 5 |

#+begin_src gnuplot :var data=data
  set key outside
  set xrange [-1:4]
  set yrange [0:6]
  plot data u 0:1, '' u 0:2
#+end_src

#+begin_src gnuplot :var data=data :missing "?"
  set key outside
  set xrange [-1:4]
  set yrange [0:6]
  plot data u 0:1, '' u 0:2