Re: [O] Org-mode v8 broke my workflow

From: Andreas Röhler
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode v8 broke my workflow
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 15:09:19 +0200

Am 18.05.2013 13:54, schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
Dnia 2013-05-18, o godz. 08:07:07
Andreas Röhler <address@hidden> napisał(a):

Am 18.05.2013 00:52, schrieb Marcin Borkowski:
Hi list,

can't resist;): http://xkcd.com/1172/

I have this at the end of my .emacs:

(setq inhibit-splash-screen t)
(org-agenda-list)
(delete-window)

The point is that I want agenda to appear as the only thing when I
start Emacs.  However, sometimes I start it e.g. when delivering a
presentation; I don't want all the people to look at my overdue todo
items;), so I used to press q while Emacs was starting (which takes
quite a while on my netbook).  This used to bury the agenda so that
*scratch* was visible.  Now, instead of *scratch*, one of my agenda
org files appears.  What do I do to restore the previous behavior?
(Really, that setup worked for me;).)

Best,

You could move (org-agenda-list) at the beginning of your init, so
it's not displayed as last. However, it might be displayed while
shown, don't see another way than deleting it from init and call it
via M-x, resp. from menu.

I guess you misread my post;

Probably

the problem seems to be about the order of
buffers - I' like all the .org buffers to be /buried/.

Okay. As it seems to matter at start, what about not open it?

In cases, you might want open some files only ocassionaly, you could
put a command into your init.

(defun load-my-stuff-please ()
  (interactive)
  (load "/PATH-TO-STUFF/STUFF-1")
  (load "/PATH-TO-STUFF/STUFF-2")
  (load "/PATH-TO-STUFF/STUFF-n"))

After evaluation resp. restart may you call it as command.
Also, if want to load it all the time, add to your init
after this definition

(load-my-stuff-please)

thankful (you know, there's a scientist in me - see this one:
http://xkcd.com/242/).

Nice.
As your workflow proves, assume you also being a great sportsmen. :)

Cheers,

Andreas

Best,