Re: [O] sqlite im-/export

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] sqlite im-/export
Date: Sat, 18 May 2013 08:10:51 -0600

Oliver Večerník <address@hidden> writes:

>> I may have missed you spelling this out in a previous email, but can you
>> not import Org tables directly into sqlite code blocks?
>>
>> Evaluate this again after evaluating the second block.
>> #+BEGIN_SRC sqlite :csv :db test.sqlite
>>   SELECT * from t1;
>> #+END_SRC
>
> This works like a charm, thanks again.
>
> But where is :csv or :db documented?  The info manual says to look at worg,
> but
> there is no `ob-doc-sqlite' documentation link.  Are there any more
> specific arguments to sqlite?
>
> There is no `ob-doc-sh' either, but maybe there are no specific arguments
> for shell.

Sadly many of the languages are under documented.  That could be a good
thing, in that it generally takes less time to add a new language
specific header argument than it does to document one, but it is
obviously also a bad thing when header arguments aren't used because
no-one knows they exist.

In general browsing the source code of the lisp/ob-lang.el files (e.g.,
lisp/ob-sqlite.el) is the best way to find out what header arguments are
used.  For example at the top of ob-sqlite you'll find the following.

    (defvar org-babel-header-args:sqlite
      '((db        . :any)
        (header    . :any)
        (echo      . :any)
        (bail      . :any)
        (csv       . :any)
        (column    . :any)
        (html      . :any)
        (line      . :any)
        (list      . :any)
        (separator . :any)
        (nullvalue . :any))
      "Sqlite specific header args.")

In my opinion the source code of the language-specific files is
readable, but of course I'm not a good judge as I wrote most of it.  We
definitely need more volunteers to add documentation on worg.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte