Re: [O] Effort entry and confusing effort estimates

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: Re: [O] Effort entry and confusing effort estimates
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 09:10:21 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bastien,

On Tue, 21 May 2013, Bastien wrote:

Ken Mankoff <address@hidden> writes:

But I'm still confused what 'org-set-effort' expects/interprets compared to 'org-clock-modify-effort-estimate'. Any clarification will be much appreciated.

`org-set-effort' allows you to _set_ the effort value.

`org-clock-modify-effort-estimate' allows you to either set the effort value (e.g. if you enter 1:30, the old value will be replaced by this one) or to increment/decrement the effort value by using +mm or +n[hdwmy] -- e.g. entering +1d will increment the current value by 1 day. "1 day" is interpreted depending on `org-effort-durations', which see.

Thanks for the explanation. I guess I'm confused why one formats/converts/checks the input and the other does not. I guess this doesn't imply that org-set-effort does anything different, it really is just a pure subset of org-clock-modify-effort-estimate.

Thanks,

  -k.