Re: [O] ical2org.py

From: Guido Van Hoecke
Subject: Re: [O] ical2org.py
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 15:10:51 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> aitor <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've implemented a little script which converts ics files to
>> org-mode. You can find the script here:
>>
>> https://github.com/asoroa/ical2org.py
>
> Aitor,
>
> I would like to try this out but, as I am not a python user, I have no
> idea how to get the two bits you indicate being necessary (icalendar,
> pytz) installed.  I have installed python-dateutil and python-pycalendar
> as these looked the most obvious candidates for icalendar but no
> luck.  Searching the repositories for pytz draws a blank as well.

I got iCalendar from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/icalendar, untarred it
and ran `sudo python setup.py install'

Got pytz from https://pypi.python.org/pypi/pytz/. It comes as an egg
file so you just run `sudo easy-install pytz-2013b-py2.7.egg'

This command should get you going:
`./ical2org.py input.ics > output.org

Hope this helps,

Guido

--
Ever since prehistoric times, wise men have tried to understand what,
exactly, make people laugh.  That's why they were called "wise men."