Re: [O] [patch] ox-koma-letter.el: subject changes [2/4]

From: Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject: Re: [O] [patch] ox-koma-letter.el: subject changes [2/4]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 17:52:40 +0200

Hi,

Alan Schmitt wrote:

> Rasmus writes:
>
> > I found a "bug" in that the subject variable should be a list cf. the
> > KOMA manual.  This patch fixes this.
> >
> > It's pretty complex for something so simple, and I might be inclined
> > to admit to the "put it in a LCO"-file approach might be better.
>
> I'd really like to have a second opinion on this. Viktor?

I think this patch is great simply from the usability standpoint of
being able to configure the behavior through customize (which I don't
generally use, but admit that it's a good thing).

I found a few issues though:

1. Choosing `No export' in customize results
`\KOMAoption{subject}{nil}'.

2. It is not possible to set a subject format in the LCO file because if
`org-koma-letter-subject-format' is set, the KOMA option will be
overwritten explicitly, and if it is set to `nil' then the subject is
inhibited altogether. This is actually a problem with the old code as
well. One way out of this is to only print the subject line (i.e.,
`\setkomavar{subject}{.}' if `org-koma-letter-subject-format' is nil and
and fix `noexport' to hide the subject (i.e., inhibit
`\setkomavar{subject}{.}'). Is this the entended behaviour? I'll try to
post a patch for this later tonight.

3. I'm not a big fan of the parentheses in the subject:(.) syntax, but
if that's required to use an option list with multiple values I think
it's okay. It would be nice to be able to specify a single value without
the parens, but it's not a high priority (and I don't know how to do
that).

Cheers,
Viktor