[O] [OT] Contributors to org.texi (was: GFDL)

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: [O] [OT] Contributors to org.texi (was: GFDL)
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 16:12:51 +0000 (UTC)

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
writes:

> Bastien wrote:
>> Well, relicensing the Org compact guide under GNU GPL is definitely
>> feasible, but relicensing the Org manual is (sadly) not.  Let's take
>> the feasible step first?
>
> FMI, why is GNU GPL not applicable to the manual?

Hehe, on an unrelated side note, that made me curious:
Who did actually end up in org.texi, and how would I start to find out?

0. $ git blame -C -C -M -e org.texi > ~/git-blame.txt
   (I searched the web for that ;)
1. We are only interested in the email addresses, so quick clean up with
   a keyboard macro.
2. Get rid of duplicates:
   M-x sort-lines
   C-x h
   M-x shell-command-on-region
   uniq

And... I see 67 different addresses. Some clearly belong to one person,
so getting rid of the obvious ones my count goes down to ... 58?

Wow...
Fun.

Back to work :)

Memon