Re: [O] R plots always exported to Rplots.pdf

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] R plots always exported to Rplots.pdf
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 07:18:32 -0600

Greg Slodkowicz <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to generate a report with R plots using org-mode but no matter
> what header arguments are you the generated files are always called
> Rplots.pdf
>
> This is what my code block looks like:
>
> #+NAME: pvals_waw
> #+BEGIN_SRC R :file fig1.png :exports results
> pvals = read.table("waw_data.txt", header=T)
> plot(pvals$pvalue, pvals$length)
> #+END_SRC
>
> after evaluating the code block I get
>
> #+RESULTS: pvals_waw
> [[file:fig1.png]]
>
> but I can see that the plot is in Rplots.pdf so subsequent attempt to
> export Latex/PDF fail.  I'm using org 20130522 and R 3.0.
>
> Best,
> Greg

The following example demonstrates the combination of header arguments
required to generate the correctly named output.

#+name: input
| 1 | 2 |
| 2 | 4 |
| 3 | 9 |

#+NAME: pvals_waw
#+headers: :var input=input
#+BEGIN_SRC R :results graphics :file output.pdf
plot(input)
#+END_SRC

after evaluating the code block I get

#+RESULTS: pvals_waw
[[file:output.pdf]]
This should be documented on Worg, but there is no doubt that there is
still work to be done on language-specific header argument
documentation.

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte