Re: [O] [NEW FEATURE] org-hlc.el - hidden-lines-cookies (hlc) for Org-mo

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] [NEW FEATURE] org-hlc.el - hidden-lines-cookies (hlc) for Org-mode
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 01:34:34 -0400

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

>> , and it should be hooked somehow into the folding/unfolding routines
>> to auto-update.
>
> Thats what I thought too, but I ran into a problem I could not solve so
> far, so this user-command based implementation (show the cookies on
> demand) is kind of the second-best solution (better then nothing).
>
> Here is a thread related to the problem mentioned, unfortunately with no
> posts except my own so far:
>
> ,-----------------------------------------------------------------------
> | http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-gnu-emacs/2013-05/msg00511.html
> `-----------------------------------------------------------------------

You can try increasing max-specpdl-size: read the doc for it. If you are
asking for a bounded amount of resources but that amount is bigger than
what emacs is willing to give you, then increasing the size should work.
OTOH, if you are asking for unlimited resources (e.g. you have an
infinite recursion somewhere), then increasing the limit will only allow
you to go a little further before blowing up again.

So try making it 10 or even 100 times bigger and see what you get (and
try it on a throwaway emacs instance, not the working instance). If it
still blows up, you'll have to look at your code carefully: chances are
there is a programming error.
--
Nick