Re: [O] Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Updated syntax for #+bind and no LaTeX \maketitle command?
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:32:39 -0500

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:36 AM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> #+bind: org-latex-title-command ""
>>>
>>> This is still generating a \maketitle line in my .tex file.
>>>
>>> What's the proper way to do this on Org 8.0?
>>>

>> I suspect this is the same problem as the one discussed in the following:
>>
>>    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/72085
>>
>> Nicolas suggested using a file local variable for that problem and I've
>> verified that that solution also works for this one. Just add
>>
>> # Local Variables:
>> # org-latex-title-command: ""
>> # End:
>>
>> at the end of your file.
>
> No, I'm wrong: it's not the same problem. And using BIND should
> work in this case, assuming that it is allowed.
>
> Check the value of org-export-allow-bind-keywords. If nil, then
> BIND keywords seem to be ignored silently.

Thanks all! Not knowing about the org-export-allow-bind-keywords was
my issue, and setting it to =t= fixed it. Out of curiosity, what's the
difference between org-export-allow-BIND and
org-export-allow-bind-keywords? They M-x help on them sounds very
similar.

#+begin_help org-export-allow-bind-keywords
Documentation:
Non-nil means BIND keywords can define local variable values.
This is a potential security risk, which is why the default value
is nil.  You can also allow them through local buffer variables.
#+end_help

#+begin_help org-export-allow-BIND
Documentation:
Non-nil means allow #+BIND to define local variable values for export.
This is a potential security risk, which is why the user must confirm the
use of these lines.
#+end_help

Ah, nevermind. Based on the customize-variable menu option, I'm
thinking the latter is how org should automatically accept #+bind
settings, and the former is whether to allow #+bind settings at all.
Oddly, my value for org-export-allow-bind is set to "confirm" but I
just tested things and didn't get asked...

John