Re: [O] [OT] Gnus mail tutorial?

From: Rémi Vanicat
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] Gnus mail tutorial?
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 11:21:24 +0200

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> Glyn Millington writes:
>
>> For me Gnus is the gold standard among mail/news clients.  It can be hard
>> work to set it up but it is worth it.  Alas, some good resources have
>> actually vanished from the web over  the years.
>
> Can Gnus be directly used with local mail in maildir format? If so, one
> could easily switch between clients.

The bigger bugs for me in gnus is its inferior maildir support: it fail
to properly mark mail as read, it use its own meta-data file that can
cause problem to other mail client.... Hence the configs (as Sacha Chua
does) where one use dovecot to read maildir, letting gnus to connect to
dovecot instead of reading maildir directly.

--
Rémi Vanicat