Re: [O] Xemacs 21.5.32 and org-8.03, compilation problems

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Xemacs 21.5.32 and org-8.03, compilation problems
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 19:17:35 +0200

Uwe Brauer writes:
> I know that compiling  org under Xemacs is delicate. I succeeded with
> 7.8.3 but it seems that the installation process has changed quite a
>       bit.

No, not really.

> I edit the relevant
>
> default.mk
> file (OK I should not do that but create local.mk)
>
> EMACS=/usr/local/bin/xemacs
> BATCH = $(EMACS) -batch -vanilla # Xemacs

Yes, you should not do this.  A configuration file for XEmacs is here:
http://orgmode.org/worg/dev/org-build-system.html#sec-4-1-4

> Now when running make  the following problems showed up:

You're not using the sources you think you are using.

> Did anybody sucessfully compile the latest org version under
> Xemacs 21.5.X?

No, despite repeated calls for help no feedback from actual XEmacs users
was registered and at some point I've stopped bugging Bastien about the
incompatibilities introduced.  There are at least a handful of functions
that'd need compatibility macros /defuns on XEmacs and I don't know what
turns up when these are out of the way, but the results were sketchy
already on 7.x whenever I tried.  Your best bet is running uncompiled
(which probably still needs compatibility definitions).

Regards,
Achim.