Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature Request] - Furigana - Yomigana - Ruby
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 15:00:40 +0200

Hi Tristan,

this feature request seems simple to implement on one side. However, it opens a question how to deal with those in general.
\ruby{東} is a very specific command of the CJK package.
If this get's implemented in the standard html exporter, other very special commands might need to follow. That could easily go into a nightmare. I do not have a detailed view how the exporters work now, thus, it is a interesting question I want to ask here: How should specific needs for exporting (like Tristans) be embedded in the future.

People could fork exporters. Creating e.g. a HTML-CJK exporter.
Even better would be to have exporter modules which could be loaded by users.

#+HTML_MODULES CJK,

However, I believe that for many users, the special cases are not very frequent and complex. Might it be possible to create a very simple syntax for exporting rules which could be either in those above modules or directly within the file written by the user themself?

Would like to hear what other think about that.

Greetings

Torsten