Re: [O] Exporting output and graphics from R

From: Rainer M. Krug
Subject: Re: [O] Exporting output and graphics from R
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:47:56 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hi SabreWolfy,
>
> SabreWolfy wrote:
>> When the following code is evaluated or exported, only the link to
>> "testout.png" appears in the RESULTS section.
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC R :results output graphics :file testout.png :exports both
>> plot(1:10, 1:10)
>> x <- 1:10
>> library(ascii)
>> options(asciiType = "org")
>> ascii(x)
>> #+END_SRC
>
> Removing `output' here should solve the above point.
>
>> When this code is evaluated, the value of "x" appears in the RESULTS:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC R :results output :exports both
>> x <- 1:10
>> library(ascii)
>> options(asciiType = "org")
>> ascii(x)
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> How can I get the first example to output both graphics and ascii output?
>
> AFAICT, you can't have both at the same time. Do you have a real use case for
> this?

Not directly, But I used the following approach to include pdf as well
as jpeg ion a document.

You simply have to create your graph in R and then include a link in org
manually:

,----
| #+BEGIN_SRC R :results output :exports both
| png("testout.png")
| plot(1:10, 1:10)
| dev.off()
| x <- 1:10
| library(ascii)
| options(asciiType = "org")
| ascii(x)
| #+END_SRC
|

| [[./testout.png]]
`----

you will get the code, result (output) and the graph (tested on export
to pdf).

Cheers,

Rainer

> If really needed, you can define your code once, wrap it with some value for
> the ":results" header, and "copy" it somewhere else via Noweb's facility,
> where it can be evaluated under other values for the ":results" header.
>
>> I'm using Org 7.9.2.
>
> Try upgrading now to Org 8 so that you fiddle only once with the export
> variables -- which changed, even if similar, between Org 7.9 and Org 8.
>
> Best regards,
>   Seb
<#secure method=pgpmime mode=sign>

--