Re: [O] [RFC] Extend :float attribute to src blocks and normalize syntax

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Extend :float attribute to src blocks and normalize syntax
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 21:09:52 +0200

Hi Nicolas,

Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> The following patch extends :float attribute to src blocks (so they are
> on par with tables and images). It also slightly changes syntax for this
> attribute:
>
>   |        | Old           | New      |
>   |--------+---------------+----------|
>   | Tables | :float table  | :float t |
>   | Images | :float figure | :float t |
>
> With this patch :float attribute also accepts a nil value in all cases,
> preventing any floating mechanism, even if a caption is provided. In
> particular, it replaces :long-listing attribute for src blocks:
>
>   |            | Old             | New        |
>   |------------+-----------------+------------|
>   | Src blocks | :long-listing t | :float nil |
>
> Overall, it makes :float syntax a bit more regular, but it implies some
> gotchas.
>
> WDYT?

That it certainly is a great change -- I say that without testing it, but it
clearly is something I would call for.

Does it have impact on centering as well? You speak of caption, and I remember
that (at least, before), in LaTeX, when giving a caption to a figure, it was
centered, otherwise not. Is there such interaction?

Best regards,
  Seb

--
Sebastien Vauban