Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] [html] non-lists showing up as lists
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 09:52:06 +0200

Hi everyone.

As far as I can see, the filling code is already pretty smart about this issue.
  The question is then:  What else can we do about it.

Possibilities:
1. We could change the parser to ignore lists where the first
   item does not start with `1.' or `a)'.  But this would
   be a pretty serious change.

2. We could implement a good function that could find problematic
   cases, so that they can be fixed by hand.  This is basically
   what Nick proposed - only it would be implemented in Lisp.

3. We could implement a function that finds and fixes such issues.
   It would basically scan the buffer and find lists that have
   only a single item, not starting with 1, and change the wrapping
   to fix it.

In any case, some hand work would be involved.
I think we cannot fix this problem in full generality.  The reason
is simply that Org is a plain text format and has to be heuristic about
parsing.  There will always be edge cases like this.

Anyone volunteering to write a command that will
check the buffer and warn about it?  Maybe it could be
implemented as org-find-next-funny-list-start, so that
it could be used to search through the whole buffer.

- Carsten