[O] How to put a Greek sigma into the spreadsheet?

From: Marcin Borkowski
Subject: [O] How to put a Greek sigma into the spreadsheet?
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 12:53:34 +0200

Hi list,

basically the subject has it.  While :=string("asdf")
works, :=string("Σ") does not.  I suspect the reason is that this is
not an ASCII symbol.  Is there a way to get around this problem?

(My use case is a row which should show the sum the columns, and I
wanted the sigma in the first column.  I don't *need* it very badly,
and I could get away with TeX-like \Sigma, but maybe there's some neat
trick to get the Unicode one?)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski