[O] org-caldav will continue to work with Google Calendar (was: org-cald

From: David Engster
Subject: [O] org-caldav will continue to work with Google Calendar (was: org-caldav will cease to work with Google Calendar)
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:44:02 +0200

David Engster writes:
> Google has announced today that they will shut down their CalDAV API in
> September, since hey, everybody's using their own protocol anyway.

Well, Google has suddenly realized that not only is CalDAV an open
standard, but it's actually used outside the Googleverse. Who could've
known? Anyway, they will continue to support it [1], so org-caldav
should work with Google Calendar for the time being (read: until they
change their mind again).

-David

PS: I know that there are problems with org-caldav and the new
exporter. I'll switch to Org 8 soon and will then merge the pending pull
requests.

[1]
http://googledevelopers.blogspot.ca/2013/06/making-googles-caldav-and-carddav-apis.html