Re: [O] org-list-allow-alphabetical LaTeX export

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] org-list-allow-alphabetical LaTeX export
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 13:12:03 +0200

Hello,

> This is a good point - but this calls for something else: A mechanism
> to name a particular list item and refer to it by name. In LaTeX you
> can put a \label into an ordered list item and refer to it with \ref.
> I am not sure if the new exporter allows this for list items, but I do
> not thing so. Nicolas, has this ever been considered? I don't
> remember.
>
> This would be useful.
>
> Or, make sure you use a LaTeX stype or HTML style file that uses
> a specific labeling system.

As pointed out by Rasmus in this thread, there is a cross-reference
mechanism in the export framework.

1. <<something>> Item 1.
2. Reference to item [[something]].

It will work in any back-end, but obviously, will ignore alphabetical
lists (link will always appear as a number).

Speaking of those, my opinion is we should drop them altogether, as they
are just (dubious) syntactic sugar, but some users will always expect
them to be more than that.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou