Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 16:53:10 +0200

Hi Eric

Thank you for looking into this.

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 7:01 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:
> Is the only requirement that
> the point from which a code block was called be accessible to the
> emacs-lisp code executed within that code block?

Yes.

> If so then there should be no need for additional development.  The
> following already works thanks to some very recently applied changes.

Is release_8.0.3-207-g5dc5143 the change you mention?:

    commit 5dc5143578a2759611a5856de9bf9d1c7eba9283
    Author: Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
    Date:   Thu Jun 6 10:59:27 2013 -0600

        inline sets org-babel-current-exec-src-block-head

In this commit I see two issues which my patch does not have:

1) The variable name org-babel-current-exec-src-block-head is the same
   as for a different meaning (source block head) and purpose introduced
   in release_8.0.3-202-gf301bbc

       commit f301bbcc862c2acc61749bc1e24895bf69cd4d06
       Author: Vitalie Spinu <address@hidden>
       Date:   Thu Jun 6 12:04:02 2013 +0200

           make src block location available to execution backends

   but in release_8.0.3-207-g5dc5143 the same name is used for the
   point-marker of "call_func" which is misleading. In my patch I
   named the variable "loc" for Location Of Call. And I chose
   intentionally a name as short as possible to keep the "#+HEADER:"
   lines not getting too wide, see e. g. the ERT in my patch.

2) Export is not supported ("C-c C-c" works as expected).

Just today I saw a possible improvement for my patch: For a more
general usage of "loc" than only for org-entry-get it would be better
if "loc" in export would not contain the location of the entry start
but the exact location of possibly more than one call within the same
entry. For "C-c C-c" this is already the case. Since I don't know how
to resolve this I would let it as is for now unless there is a
suggestion.

I would like to provide a new patch if I know what else should be
improved.

Michael