Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] link abbreviation with multiple params, e. g. for geo locations
Date: Sat, 08 Jun 2013 13:21:37 -0600

Vitalie Spinu <address@hidden> writes:

>  >> Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
>  >> on Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:05:32 -0600 wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>  >>
>  >> May be then:  org-babel-current-src-block-location?
>  >>

>  > How about the shorter `org-babel-current-src-block'?  It is somewhat
>  > more ambiguous, but the only reasonable options would be location or
>  > name, and not every code block has a name.  I think the added brevity is
>  > worth the ambiguity, but I'm not strongly committed either way.
>
> I personally find it quite confusing.  Babel names that contain
> src-block semantically refer to the whole thing. This one refers to the
> pointer. If brevity is very important I would rather drop "current":
>
>     `org-babel-src-block-location'
>
> or probably even more suggestive:
>
>     `org-babel-src-block-beginning'.

I like "current" because it is similar to other variables which are
dynamically bound by Org-mode and without it there is no indication that
it points to a block which is active *now*.

I've changed the variable name to your previous suggestion of
`org-babel-current-src-block-location'.  If anyone really wants brevity
they can add the following to their config.

    ;; -*- emacs-lisp -*-
    (defun loc () org-babel-current-src-block-location)

Cheers,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte