Re: [O] Org-mode and Taskjuggler

From: Christian Egli
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode and Taskjuggler
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 10:46:30 +0200

Hi Louis

Louis Turk <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm very interested in your work to get Org-mode to export to
> Taskjuggler version 3 --- very exciting! Being able to export to tj3
> from org-mode would be extremely helpful to me.

Cool.

> However, I'm having trouble getting it to work. I suspect that the
> documentation I've been reading is too old --- for version 2 of
> Taskjuggler---, and I have version 3 installed.

Yes, the documentation should be updated. John Hendy promised to do so a
while ago :-) (hint, hint).

What are the problems you are encountering? It should work out of the
box. Once you have an org file as explained on the worg page you just
invoke the exporter with C-c C-e J o for example and you should see the
schedule in a browser.

> Would you please send me:
>
> 1 The related code in your .emacs file.

There is nothing special in my .emacs file. You need to include contrib
to your load path (add-to-list 'load-path "~/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp")
and you need to enable the taskjuggler exporter (M-x customize
org-export-backends).

> 2 A sample full-featured org-mode file that compiles successfully to
>   tj3.

The one on from the taskjuggler tutorial on the worg page should work.

> 3 Any up-to-date documentation that is available.

The best ATM is the tutorial on worg and the comments in the code.

> 4 Anything other information needed to get it to work.

If there is any other info needed then I'd say it is the official
TaskJuggler documentation.

> Thank you in advance for your help. And thanks for all your work
> already done on this project.

My pleasure.

HTH
Christian

--
Christian Egli

-----
Tag der offenen Tuer
Die SBS laedt Sie herzlich ein: 29. Juni 2013 von 9 bis 16 Uhr.
Mehr Informationen erhalten Sie unter http://www.sbs.ch/offenetuer