Re: [O] A simple way to search only headlines

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] A simple way to search only headlines
Date: Tue, 11 Jun 2013 14:27:57 +0200

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 12:31:16AM -0400, Nick Dokos wrote:
> "Sebastien Vauban" <address@hidden>
> writes:
>
> > Hi Nick,
> >
> > Nick Dokos wrote:

> >> I meant "org buffer": you might want to issue the command from an
> >> arbitrary buffer, not just an org mode buffer, so the key should be
> >> defined globally.
> >
> > I still don't understand.
> >

> You understand all too well :-)

I wonder if semantic search can be leveraged to achieve the same.  It
might open other possibilities: searching only links, list items, source
blocks, ...  I think you get the point.  :-p

In the past I have had trouble using semantic search even in traditional
source code buffers, e.g. C/C++, Python, lisp, etc, but that was a long
time back.  Did any one else have better luck?

I also have no clue how well the semantic support is for Org buffers.
If I start speedbar, the first few levels of headlines are recognised
automatically; maybe it is not a pipe dream to extend this to other org
syntax elements?

Food for thought,

;)

--