Re: [O] List of Figures not being generated in 8.0.3?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] List of Figures not being generated in 8.0.3?
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 13:21:50 -0400

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:

> Luke Crook <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I just noticed that the List of Figures is not being generated in 8.0.3.
>>
>> I have a figure with;
>>
>> #+LATEX: \listoffigures
>>
>> #+ATTR_LaTeX: width=5.5cm
>
> Maybe try with
>
> #+attr_latex: :width 5.5cm
>
> The format for attributes has changed in version 8 of org.

Although this might lead to a problem in how the figure appears on the
page, I believe the main problem was that there was no caption
associated with the image, so it was not put in a figure environment, it
was just inlined: inline images do not contribute to the list of
figures.

As Rasmus pointed out, #+caption was incorrectly associated with the
code block, rather than with the resulting image. The trick is to name
the code block and its results block, using the same name: that ties
them together, so that further execution of the code block does not
produce a new results block. Then you attach #+caption to the results
block:

,----
| #+name: foo
| #+begin_src ...
| #+end_src
|
| #+caption: bar
| #+results: foo
`----

It used to be that the naming was mandatory: the intervening #+caption
line would cause babel to produce a new results block. ISTR that Nicolas
fixed it so that the naming is no longer necessary and babel will DTRT -
IOW, the following will work:

,----
| #+begin_src
| #+end_src