Re: [O] export to odt

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] export to odt
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:37:55 +0100

Manfred Lotz <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> Aah, ok. Now I see what your are after.
>
> GO to menu entry File/Properties and then you click tab Description.
> There you can edit Title.

Indeed!  Thanks.

> It seems that you can edit author via menu Tools/Options. Then
> choose LibreOffice/User Data and edit First/Last Name. Finally, you
> have to go to File/Properties and click on Reset (Please note, that
> there 'Apply user data' must be clicked on).

Yikes.  Now this is definitely not straightforward.  Although it sort of
makes sense...  I may actually find it easier to edit the .odt file
directly although, even there, the information (both title and author)
is found in two places: meta.xml and content.xml.

I am not sure why the information needs to be repeated.  It leads me to
wonder whether the meta information could remain as it is and the
exporter could generate the actual content as editable text?

> This is really weird or it is because just my knowledge about
> Libreoffice is limited. At least, I'm happy to be able to use LaTeX in
> most cases instead of an office product.

I'm with you on this!  I use LaTeX almost exclusively.  Every now and
again, unfortunately, I have to share an editable document with others
and LibreOffice/MSWord is the only easy way.  For simple dissemination,
LaTeX -> PDF is better.

Thanks again for your help on this!

--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.3-193-g334581