Re: [O] org-8.0.3+Xemacs 21.5.32: still problems

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] org-8.0.3+Xemacs 21.5.32: still problems
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 16:52:45 +0100

Uwe Brauer <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello
>
> Thanks to Achim's change in org-compat, I could compile and load the new
> orgmode, without the complain about the obsolete function stuff.
>
> However there are still serious problems:
>
>     -  7.8.X had a file called org-exp.el. This file is now gone. What is
>        it substitute???

What functionality is it you need from that file?

>     -  when trying to use gnus, some errors popped up, I attach the bug trace.

What does this have to do with org?

>     -  when I try to open a org file or to fire up my favourite
>        org-preview-latex-fragment function another error pops up. Bug
>        trace attached.

It would help to see a minimal example and the actual steps you did to
"fire up" ...  From what I can see, you seem to invoking this org
capability within a gnus draft buffer and I do not see how this should
be possible.  A gnus draft buffer is not in org mode.  You could try
changing the buffer to org (M-x org-mode RET), do what you want, and
then switch back to message mode (I guess, M-x message-mode RET).
--
: Eric S Fraga (0xFFFCF67D), Emacs 24.3.50.1, Org release_8.0.3-193-g334581