Re: [O] How to do a sum of products in a table?

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] How to do a sum of products in a table?
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:49:36 +0200

Hi Rasmus,

Rasmus writes:

> Sure, but please provide an example.

Yes, I should have done that. Here is the beginning of the grading (I
removed many columns which are identical).

| Name  | Grade | Question 1 | Question 2 | Question 3 |
| Coeff |     6 |          1 |          3 | 2          |
|-------+-------+------------+------------+------------|
| Foo   |       |        1/2 |          1 | 1/4        |
| Bar   |       |          1 |          1 | 0           |
#+TBLFM: @2$2=vsum($3..$>)

I would like the grade of Foo to be 10 * (1/2 * 1 + 1 * 3 + 1/4 * 2)/6
and Bar to be 10 * (1 * 1 + 1 * 3 + 0 * 2)/6

> E.g. is each student a column?

Each student is a row, an each question is a column.

> A more advance example is given in the manual:
>
>   http://orgmode.org/org.html#Advanced-features

Thanks, but I does not seem to do what I want. I prefer to keep the
coefficient in the column with the question name so that I can easily
know what it refers to when I adjust it.

Thanks again,

Alan