Re: [O] [Feature Request] Make property-drawers exportable

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [Feature Request] Make property-drawers exportable
Date: Mon, 17 Jun 2013 16:33:08 +0200

Hello,

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> for me property-drawers are a very useful feature of Org-mode, since
> the need to store meta-data for a document is so frequent and
> property-drawers are human- and machine-readable, easy to handle
> interactively and programmatically, and avoid all that nasty redundancy
> and accidental variation of giving meta-data as free text.
>
> However, property-drawers are not exported except separating blank
> lines. This is a real pity in my eyes, since parts of an Org-mode
> document that can't be exported are visible only to the author of the
> document and a few fellows that use the raw Org document too. This might
> make sense in some cases, but in others the property information should
> be visible in the exported docs too.

This has been requested before. Property drawers are Org meta data, they
are not for user's cosumption. Though you can export some properties
with macros (see {{{property{NAME}}}} macros).

You can also create a derived back-end that will handle these elements
just fine.

AFAIK all backends (excepted "org", for obvious reasons) ignore property
drawers, as they should.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou