[O] Unexpected behaviour with gnuplot source blocks

From: Christopher Witte
Subject: [O] Unexpected behaviour with gnuplot source blocks
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2013 16:52:41 +0200

Hi all,

I had some wierd behaviour with gnuplot source blocks and I'm not sure of the best way to fix it.

I have gnuplot source blocks that write output files that I insert into the document using links, as such:

#+begin_src gnuplot :file transInc.eps
    reset
    set encoding utf8
    set output "./fig/transInc.eps"
#+end_src
[[fig/transInc.eps]]

and I have two documents in different directories, say 'a' and 'b' that do this.
If I go to the first document in folder 'a' and export it to latex and then go to the second document in folder 'b' and also export it to latex, all the generated plots end up in 'a'.  It took me a while to work it out, but this is because only one gnuplot session is started and 'reset' doesn't reset output.  Killing the gnuplot buffer fixes this, but that is annoying if I frequently switch back and forth between the documents.

I could use full paths, but that seams like a pain, any other suggestions?

Thanks for the help,
Chris.